1 Refer to the exhibit. Which type of port is shown?
2 After a technician has assembled a new computer, it is necessary to configure the BIOS. At which point must a key be pressed to start the BIOS setup program?
*during the POST
3 A technician is troubleshooting a computer that has a malfunctioning floppy drive. The technician observes that the floppy drive light remains lit constantly. How should the technician attempt to repair the problem?
*Connect the data cable making sure that the colored stripe on the cable is aligned with pin 1 on the drive and the motherboard.
4 What is a convenient way that a technician can tell whether a ribbon cable is for an IDE hard drive or a floppy drive?
*The floppy cable motherboard connector is normally gray.
5 Which action is recommended to prevent the motherboard from contacting the metal base of the case?
*Use standoffs to keep the motherboard above the metal base.
6 A technician is installing a new power supply in a computer. Which type of power connector should be used to connect to a PATA hard drive?
7 Which solution should be used to clean a CPU and a heat sink?
8 Which type of drive is installed in a 5.25-inch bay?
9 What is the most reliable way for users to buy the correct RAM to upgrade a computer?
*Check the motherboard manual or manufacturer’s website.
10 A technician is assembling a new computer. Which two components are often easier to install before mounting the motherboard in the case? (Choose two.)
11 A technician has just finished assembling a new computer. When the computer is powered up for the first time, the POST discovers a problem. How does the POST indicate the error?
*It issues a number of short beeps.
12 Which additional 4-pin or 6-pin power connector is required by some motherboards?
13 Refer to the exhibit. Which type of hard drive uses the power connector shown?
14 Which port is typically used for external wireless NICs?
15. A field technician has been asked to install a wireless 802.11g NIC in a computer, but is unsure about the expansion slots available. Which two types of wireless NICs should the technician have available? (Choose two.)
16. A technician is installing a new power supply in a computer. Which type of power connector should be used to connect to a floppy drive?
17. Which internal component of a computer uses a 3-pin power connector?
18. When building a computer, which two components are normally installed in 3.5-inch drive bays? (Choose two.)
19. How many pins are in a SATA data cable connector?
20. A technician is installing a new CPU in a ZIF socket on a motherboard. What is the primary way of securing the CPU in place?